Employment Law | Personal Injury | Immigration
At Ratner Molineaux, we dedicate ourselves to aggressively championing the rights of people with legal concerns throughout the Bay Area. We also strive to help our clients navigate complex legal systems and achieve their goals. Whether you believe your employer violated your rights, you sustained a personal injury that was someone else’s fault, or you need assistance with an immigration matter, our legal professionals are ready to stand up for you.
Trusted Law Firm in Walnut Creek, CA
Our Walnut Creek lawyers have over 65 years of collective legal experience and have litigated thousands of cases involving labor and employment law, personal injury claims, and immigration law. We have a strong track record of success, and we encourage you to review our case results to learn more about our success stories. Our entire legal team discusses each and every case, so you will benefit from the knowledge and acumen of every member of our staff. No matter your situation, we are committed to providing the aggressive representation you need to succeed.
We offer our legal services in English and Spanish.
Labor and Employment Law
California has some of the strongest protections for employees in the United States, but not all employers comply with the law. Our attorneys work to hold employers for many types of misconduct and, if applicable, can help you navigate the process of filing a claim with California’s Department of Fair Housing and Employment (DFEH) or the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Depending on the nature of the situation, we may be able to help you recover economic, non-economic, and punitive damages.
We stand up for employees facing many types of issues, including:
- Unlawful Discrimination: Employers are prohibited from making employment decisions on discriminatory grounds. We can review your rights under California’s extensive anti-discrimination laws and determine whether you may have been discriminated against.
- Sexual Harassment. No one should have to put up with unwanted comments, touching, or quid pro quos. If you are being subject to a hostile work environment, our team can help you explore your legal options.
- Unpaid Wages. You must be paid for all hours worked, including any earned overtime compensation. We can help you collect what you are owed and litigate any related breaches to your employment contract.
- Unlawful Retaliation. You automatically receive certain legal protections if you stand up to or report misconduct, refuse unlawful orders, “blow the whistle,” request accommodations, or participate in a government investigation. Our firm can advocate for you if you are subject to adverse actions due to your participation in a protected activity.
- Wrongful Termination. Employers cannot terminate you on discriminatory or retaliatory grounds. If you suspect you were unfairly fired or laid off, we can evaluate your unique circumstances and pursue all available legal remedies.
lawyers at Ratner Molineaux are
committed to holding your employer
accountable for misconduct.
Contact us online or call
(925) 332-1444 today!
A woman subjected to ongoing harassment and sexual assault by a fellow employee was awarded a verdict of $95 million against her employer. During her ...Read More
I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone in need of truly outstanding representation.- R.D.
Personal Injury Assistance
An unexpected injury can quickly derail your life and financial security. If your injury is caused by another party’s negligence, you might have the right to recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, reductions in quality of life, emotional distress, and other types of losses. Our team can represent you in each stage of the claims process, and we will always seek the maximum available compensation.
Our Walnut Creek attorneys assist clients with personal injury claims involving:
- Car Accidents. Distracted drivers and motorists who fail to follow the rules of the road can often be held liable for causing serious accidents.
- Truck Accidents. Determining liability in a truck accident can be a complex affair, and in some situations, parties other than the driver can be held accountable.
- Slip and Fall Incidents. Property owners may be liable for damages if they fail to maintain safe premises for visitors.
- Dog Bites. California is a “strict liability” state, meaning a dog owner can be held accountable for a bite if the victim was in a public place or had permission to be in a private place.
- Catastrophic Injuries. These types of serious injuries tend to confer permanent, life-altering consequences and require a comprehensive level of ongoing, expensive medical care.
- Wrongful Death. When an injury results in death, family members of the deceased can pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against negligent parties.
California Immigration Services
The United States immigration system can be intimidating and confusing. Failing to adhere to the law can lead to harsh consequences. Our team at Ratner Molineaux is compassionate to the challenges many immigrants face and can provide the comprehensive legal support you need to overcome many types of common obstacles.
Our Walnut Creek lawyers handle a wide variety of immigration matters, including:
- Asylum Requests. If you fear for your safety in your home country, we can assess whether you may be eligible for asylum protection and can potentially help you seek refuge in California.
- Deportation Defense. Our team can provide aggressive representation if you or a loved one has been placed in removal proceedings.
- Family Immigration. We can help U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents sponsor close relatives for green cards.
- Visas. Our firm can assist you with student visas, temporary work visas, employer-sponsored green cards, and many other types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
- Waivers and Appeals. If your visa application has been denied or you have been deemed inadmissible, we can explore available appeals and waiver strategies.
- Naturalization and Citizenship. We guide lawful permanent residents through each step of the naturalization process and can help you prepare for the citizenship exam.
Empathetic Counsel. Aggressive Litigation.
Involved in 300+ Jury Trials
65+ Years of Experience in Litigation
What Actions or Behaviors Can Be Considered Sexual Harassment in California?
Sexual harassment in the workplace is a serious issue that affects individuals across various industries. As an employee or ...Read More
What to Do After a Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. In the aftermath, it's crucial to take the ...Read More
What to Do After a Dog Bite
Being bitten by a dog can be a traumatic experience, leaving you with physical and emotional scars. In such situations, it is ...Read More