How We Handle Personal Injury Claims in California
After suffering an injury, you need a dedicated legal professional to advocate for your rights. At Ratner Molineaux, our goal is to efficiently handle every element of the legal process so that you can focus on your physical recovery.
Our personal injury lawyers in Walnut Creek can assist with each step of the process, including:
- Evaluating Your Rights and Identifying Liable Parties. Some personal injury cases will be open and shut: Someone’s dog bit you in a public park, and the owner is liable for the injuries you sustained. In other cases, it can be tougher to determine who exactly is liable and what rights you have. We are familiar with how to evaluate personal injury cases and can walk you through your legal options.
- Calculating Your Damages. You will need to carefully determine the full extent of the financial losses you experienced as a result of your injuries. This includes both your direct costs and less quantifiable forms of harm, including reductions in quality of life and physical and emotional suffering.
- Handling the Insurance Process. In many personal injury cases, you will need to promptly file a claim with your insurance provider. A negligent party’s insurance company may also attempt to discuss the situation with you. Because insurance companies aim to pay out as little as possible, it is never advisable to speak with any insurance company without the guidance of an experienced attorney. We can handle all claims and communications on your behalf.
- Negotiating a Fair Settlement. Many personal injury claims never go to trial. In situations where negligence can be clearly established, many parties will prudently settle before a lawsuit is filed. Our team knows how to effectively negotiate and will pursue a settlement that reflects your sustained injuries and resulting losses.
- Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit and Representing You at Trial. If an agreeable settlement cannot be reached, we are not afraid to go to court and aggressively seek the maximum available compensation.
$1,200,000 Settlement $1.2 Million Settlement for Sexual Assault Victim
$1,355,000 Settlement $1.35 Million Settlement for Fired Whistleblower
$1,500,000 Settlement $1.5 Million Settlement for Wall Street Age Discrimination Victim
$1,450,000 Settlement $1.65 Settlement Sexual Harassment Case
$1,800,000 Settlement $1.8 Million Settlement for Racial Discrimination Victims
$2,300,000 Settlement $2.3 Million Settlement for Sexually Harassed Employees
TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS
The circumstances that led to your injuries and the types of injuries you sustained will be two of the most important factors in your personal injury case. How you establish negligence will depend on the type of accident involved, while the extent and impact of your injuries will generally determine how much you can recover in a lawsuit. Our team handles numerous personal injury cases in the Bay Area, fighting to get you what you deserve. It is vital that if you are injured due to someone else's negligence you contact our team to start on your case immediately. We have years of proven case results for our clients and are prepared to help you.
Our Walnut Creek personal injury attorneys can assist you with personal injury claims involving:
- Car Accidents. Vehicular crashes typically occur when a motorist is driving recklessly or is for some reason not paying attention to the road. If you are injured in an accident caused by another motorist’s distracted driving, speeding, failure to signal, or failure to obey other traffic laws, you likely have a personal injury claim.
- Truck Accidents. Collisions involving commercial trucks can be especially devastating and will often lead to catastrophic injuries or even death. A variety of factors, including insufficient vehicle maintenance, cargo load issues, and overworked and fatigued drivers, regularly contribute to truck accidents. Depending on the circumstances, additional parties beyond the driver may be liable for damages.
- Dog Bites. California maintains “strict liability” rules for dog bites. This means that the victim of a dog bite can pursue a personal injury claim even if the animal’s owner was not aware of any potential for aggressive behavior so long as the victim was in a public place or lawfully present in a private location. For example, if you were invited to a coworker’s house and their dog bit you during your visit, you were “lawfully present” on their property and can thus file a lawsuit for damages.
- Slip and Fall Incidents. If you fall and suffer injuries as a result of unsafe conditions on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability claim. Slip and fall incidents are common in commercial spaces like groceries and retail stores, but they can also occur in private residences if the property owner owed you a duty of care.
- Catastrophic Injuries. An injury may be considered “catastrophic” if it confers long-term or permanent life-altering consequences. In many cases, sustaining one or more catastrophic injuries will dramatically reduce someone’s quality of life and potentially entitle them to recover significantly more in damages. Examples of catastrophic injuries include spinal injuries, neck injuries, brain injuries, paralysis, facial disfigurements, loss of limbs, loss of sight, and loss of hearing.
- Wrongful Death. In some tragic circumstances, an accident may result in the death of the victim. If someone’s death is caused by someone else’s negligent conduct, the deceased’s loved ones can pursue a wrongful death lawsuit and attempt to recover specific types of economic, non-economic, and punitive compensation.
“Highly Recommend”Highly recommend. Laid off without notice by a shady Pre IPO lender in San Francisco. No one was given severance and they hired a labor attorney ahead of the layoffs to try and get around paying severance and warn notice. Without this firm taking my case, I would have never received a dime. Do not let a lay off without any severance deter you, contact this firm. Odd thing was 1 letter from this firm and severance was immediately offered. It's a game these high-tech companies are playing and gambling on. Their bet is 98% will not do anything severance and for the small percent that do, the amount to pay versus provided all in the layoff, is pennies on the dollar. Get your documentation, all emails, take photos of slack messages, record any zoom calls where there is a statement " no one is getting laid off" and so forth. Records any zoom calls where you are laid off. Take notes. Protect yourself and family. Working all the holidays and 12-hour days to be let go with nothing, is ridiculous. Use this firm and provide all your documentation. Good Luck!- J.C.
“Extremely Satisfied”I was referred to Ratner Molineaux after my daughter and I suffered injury and property damage resulting from a defective product in our home. During my very first conversation with David Ratner, I found him to be straightforward, professional, and extremely responsive to my concerns. Thereafter, David took the time to walk us through each and every stage of the litigation process and was an excellent advocate for my daughter and I. He remained fiercely protective of our interests and represented us well during mediation, preparation for trial, and settlement talks. David's style is very direct and to the point, which might be off putting for some, but worked well for me since I tend to be laser focused when dealing with business matters. Near the conclusion of my case, I had the opportunity to meet his partner Shelley, who had also diligently and effectively assisted with our litigation. In the end, our result was more than adequate, and both my daughter and I walked away extremely satisfied with both the representation we'd received, and the outcome of our claim. I definitely recommend this firm.- D.M.
“Professional opinion and experienced perspective”reached out to Ratner Molineaux after a previous attorney referral did not follow through despite the time sensitivity of my issue. The Ratner Molineaux team responded quickly to schedule a consultation on a work-related matter. David Ratner reviewed my issues and provided options and great advice how I could proceed. It was great peace of mind to have a professional opinion and experienced perspective. The consultation with David Ratner gave me the confidence and knowledge I needed to make my final decision.- L.C.
“Great guidance and quick resolution”David and team provided great guidance and quick resolution to my matter. I appreciated David's willingness to listen and the team’s responsiveness. I highly recommend them and will definitely call them again in the future if needed.- J.K.
“Kind compassionate service”Highly recommend. Prompt response and kind compassionate service with a difficult employment situation.- J.F.
“Really great to work with”David and Hanna were really great to work with. David took the time to educate me, provided service, and gave me the support I needed to start representing my own interests. Highly recommend this group.- Q.N.
“Outstanding”David and Shelley were outstanding to work with. I really appreciated their professionalism as well as their ability to guide me though difficult decisions regarding my case. I'd recommend them to anyone!- J.D.
“Thank you all for your help!”David, Shelley, Hanna and Halsey did an amazing job with helping me with my case. They truly made it an easy experience and I’m greatly appreciative of their efforts and all their hard work. Thank you all for your help!- H.A.
CALL NOW TO REQUEST A CONSULTATION
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, do not wait to contact us online or call (925) 332-1444 to discuss your case with us. We offer our legal services in English and Spanish.