Our attorneys are passionate about helping people whose rights have been violated. Get in touch with us today to learn about how we can help.meet the team
Walnut Creek Personal Injury Attorneys
Standing Up for Victims of Negligence in the Bay Area
Millions of people in the United States receive medical treatment in emergency rooms for accidental injuries. Injuries inevitably result in medical bills, lost wages from missing work, physical pain, emotional suffering, and many other types of losses. The adverse effects of certain serious injuries can even permanently reduce someone’s quality of life.
If another party’s negligence caused your injuries, they should be responsible for covering all injury-related losses. The process for obtaining compensation in these scenarios can be challenging, but our experienced Walnut Creek personal injury lawyers are ready to help. Our team at Ratner Molineaux has been involved in hundreds of jury trials and is deeply familiar with how personal injury claims are adjudicated in California. We will aggressively represent your interests and fight to secure the best possible outcome.
How We Handle Personal Injury Claims in California
After suffering an injury, you need a dedicated legal professional to advocate for your rights. At Ratner Molineaux, our goal is to efficiently handle every element of the legal process so that you can focus on your physical recovery.
Our personal injury lawyers in Walnut Creek can assist with each step of the process, including:
- Evaluating Your Rights and Identifying Liable Parties. Some personal injury cases will be open and shut: Someone’s dog bit you in a public park, and the owner is liable for the injuries you sustained. In other cases, it can be tougher to determine who exactly is liable and what rights you have. We are familiar with how to evaluate personal injury cases and can walk you through your legal options.
- Calculating Your Damages. You will need to carefully determine the full extent of the financial losses you experienced as a result of your injuries. This includes both your direct costs and less quantifiable forms of harm, including reductions in quality of life and physical and emotional suffering.
- Handling the Insurance Process. In many personal injury cases, you will need to promptly file a claim with your insurance provider. A negligent party’s insurance company may also attempt to discuss the situation with you. Because insurance companies aim to pay out as little as possible, it is never advisable to speak with any insurance company without the guidance of an experienced attorney. We can handle all claims and communications on your behalf.
- Negotiating a Fair Settlement. Many personal injury claims never go to trial. In situations where negligence can be clearly established, many parties will prudently settle before a lawsuit is filed. Our team knows how to effectively negotiate and will pursue a settlement that reflects your sustained injuries and resulting losses.
- Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit and Representing You at Trial. If an agreeable settlement cannot be reached, we are not afraid to go to court and aggressively seek the maximum available compensation.
Learn more about previous victories and successes for our clients.Read More
The circumstances that led to your injuries and the types of injuries you sustained will be two of the most important factors in your personal injury case. How you establish negligence will depend on the type of accident involved, while the extent and impact of your injuries will generally determine how much you can recover in a lawsuit. Our team handles numerous personal injury cases in the Bay Area, fighting to get you what you deserve. It is vital that if you are injured due to someone else's negligence you contact our team to start on your case immediately. We have years of proven case results for our clients and are prepared to help you.
Our Walnut Creek personal injury attorneys can assist you with personal injury claims involving:
- Car Accidents. Vehicular crashes typically occur when a motorist is driving recklessly or is for some reason not paying attention to the road. If you are injured in an accident caused by another motorist’s distracted driving, speeding, failure to signal, or failure to obey other traffic laws, you likely have a personal injury claim.
- Truck Accidents. Collisions involving commercial trucks can be especially devastating and will often lead to catastrophic injuries or even death. A variety of factors, including insufficient vehicle maintenance, cargo load issues, and overworked and fatigued drivers, regularly contribute to truck accidents. Depending on the circumstances, additional parties beyond the driver may be liable for damages.
- Dog Bites. California maintains “strict liability” rules for dog bites. This means that the victim of a dog bite can pursue a personal injury claim even if the animal’s owner was not aware of any potential for aggressive behavior so long as the victim was in a public place or lawfully present in a private location. For example, if you were invited to a coworker’s house and their dog bit you during your visit, you were “lawfully present” on their property and can thus file a lawsuit for damages.
- Slip and Fall Incidents. If you fall and suffer injuries as a result of unsafe conditions on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability claim. Slip and fall incidents are common in commercial spaces like groceries and retail stores, but they can also occur in private residences if the property owner owed you a duty of care.
- Catastrophic Injuries. An injury may be considered “catastrophic” if it confers long-term or permanent life-altering consequences. In many cases, sustaining one or more catastrophic injuries will dramatically reduce someone’s quality of life and potentially entitle them to recover significantly more in damages. Examples of catastrophic injuries include spinal injuries, neck injuries, brain injuries, paralysis, facial disfigurements, loss of limbs, loss of sight, and loss of hearing.
- Wrongful Death. In some tragic circumstances, an accident may result in the death of the victim. If someone’s death is caused by someone else’s negligent conduct, the deceased’s loved ones can pursue a wrongful death lawsuit and attempt to recover specific types of economic, non-economic, and punitive compensation.
“David was patient and straightforward, bringing relief and encouragement at the right times during what could be a very complex and upsetting process.”- E.E.
Call Today to Get Started
When it comes to personal injury claims, time is of the essence. California has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury, which means that if you don't file a claim within this time period, you will forfeit your right to pursue compensation. It is imperative that you get in touch with a qualified Walnut Creek personal injury attorney at our firm to discuss the circumstances of your case and get your questions answered, like:
- ✔ How much is my claim worth?
- ✔ How long will my claim take?
- ✔ Should I settle my claim or go to court?
- ✔ And more
Our experienced advocates are ready to do whatever it takes to help make you whole again after a serious injury.
Call our office at (925) 332-1444 now.
Stay Up to Date with Recent News
Unlawful Employment Retaliation Regarding COVID-19 Concerns
The outbreak of COVID-19, commonly called coronavirus, has thrown a wrench into the economy – and society in general – in ...
What is At-Will Employment?
California is one of 49 states (excluding Montana) that has at-will employment laws. At-will employment means that employers ...
Did Your Employer Ask You to Sign a COVID-19 Waiver?
After over a year of working from home or being furloughed, more and more workforces are returning to offices and in-person ...