Empathetic Counsel. Aggressive Representation.
Walnut Creek Naturalization and Citizenship Services
Guiding Clients in California on the Path to United States Citizenship
Many people obtain green cards with the goal of one day becoming a United States citizen. While citizenship comes with many benefits, the road to citizenship can be challenging and complicated for many people. There are many requirements you must meet, and it is always wise to have an experienced naturalization and citizenship lawyer in California helping you every step of the way. The legal team of Ratner Molineaux, LLP, has helped many clients successfully obtain citizenship, and we are ready to assess your situation.
Meeting Naturalization Requirements
There are several criteria you must meet and steps you must take to qualify for U.S. citizenship, including:
- You are 18 years old
- You have been a permanent resident with continuous residence in the U.S. for five years (this time requirement might be less for individuals with special circumstances)
- You were physically in the U.S. for at least 30 months of the five-year time period
- You lived in the district where you are applying for three months
- You have good moral character
- You can demonstrate knowledge of basic United States history and civics
- You can speak, read, and write basic English
- You are willing to show attachment to the ideals and principles of the U.S. Constitution
The process involves filing an application, attending a biometrics appointment for fingerprinting, and attending an interview with a USCIS officer, and taking a civics and English test. Some people might be able to obtain waivers from parts of the process.
The Difference in Our Approach
Empathetic Counsel. Aggressive Litigation.
Involved in 300+ Jury Trials
65+ Years of Experience in Litigation
“David was patient and straightforward, bringing relief and encouragement at the right times during what could be a very complex and upsetting process.”- E.E.
At Ratner Molineaux, LLP, we can walk you through every step of the naturalization process so that you will hopefully be proudly sworn in as a U.S. citizen. Contact our California naturalization and citizenship attorneys for more information.